Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Bench Seat

A co-worker found out that I was a crafter and asked if I could sew something for her. I asked what it was not wanting to get into something that was too intricate for my skills. She explained that she had a wooden bench at the end of her bed that her dog liked to sleep on. So she fashioned a couple pillows as a bed for him. The problem was that the pillows would become dirty after a week. She was asking if I could make a cover for her pillows. I said it would be simple, if she brought me the pillows and the fabric that she would like to use. A wk later she brought in the material. It was super easy to sew... But after pinning the fabric to fit, I realized that the stripes on the other side were not matching up. I then had to repin.... Time consuming but still easy. I added velcro to one of the long sides to help with the removal for washing. In the end the project took about an hour. As I got it out of my car today she was sooo thankful and delighted at it. I am happy it is done and sorry I didn't get any pictures.

No comments: