Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Fish For Supper

On sunday, I decided to make fish papillions...I am wondering if that is the correct spelling? I bought some rockfish(cheapest), and a can of corn. I brought this home thinking that I could use a bottle of white wine from my stash and some of my herbs from the garden. I also had a red onion sitting in the fridge wanting to be used... So I took the bones out of the fish with tweezers. I then opened the can of corn, drained it and poured into the bottom of parchment paper that was laid out... I then went to my stash of wine and could only find one white. A bottle that I have been saving for a special occasion... Which was not going to be my canned corn papillions..... So I found a small bottle of vodka... And used that instead... Poured a little oil in put a lemon slice on top and some fresh herbs. A few thin slices of onion and in the oven it went I had no idea how long or how high so I went for the easy 350 for 30min... It needed about 15 more min and it was done... Opening the packet was fun, but getting to the fish was great. It really took on the sweet taste of the corn. I am wondering if the dryness of the wine would have helped to give it a little shock, but it was worth it. I will try again with new ingredients.....and white wine.

No comments: